Monday, July 27, 2009

Its a Monday!

So Good News

I think I have my work visa, but I am not 100% accepted yet for I don't have it in my hand.

Today I went to the Visa Office to get my finger prints scanned and another photo taken. They now have three photos of me. I think they like my face. It seems a little excessive if they aren't going to place pictures of my solemn no smiling passport like pose on their desks and coffee mugs, don't you think?

When I was filing out my application form for the work visa there was about 20 questions asking if I was in anyways involved with a terrorist group. This can easily be asked in one question, but to make sure that you aren't lying to them they ask an extra 19 times, just rewording it, hoping to trick you into divulging your truth. Well luckily I was never part of a terrorist group, that I know of; in grade 10 I was a part of a writing club and we secretly wanted to take down the leaders, and just play mafia. I think that is as far anti-establishment I got. Anyways I found Myself wanting to ask my interviewer if she has ever come across anyone that has checked yes to those questions, but decided against it when I told her what my unique middle name means, she didn't find it funny. Hey, she asked, I figure I should tell her.

I got to work early, I took a half day, so I wasted about and hour bothering Lindsay, and then decided I should help her with her assignment. We had a great time considering how boring a job it was.

On the weekend my mother decided to give me a talk about one night stands when I am in London. It was extremely awkward. To convince my mother I am not like that I said quickly with out thinking

"I don't get girls who have one night stands"
"what do you mean, you don't get girls?"
"oh, um, i mean I don't understand girls who do that"
"oh OK, cause I am in no hurry to be a grandmother"
"Oh yeah well, me neither. to be a mom ...not a grandmother. ....I'm an old fashioned girl .....except I don't like touching... and affection... and I don't want to be treated like a princess ..... so really i guess I am not old fashioned....ummm I just... well really mom I don't like touching so there is no need to worry"

It was extremely awkward, and not even funny awkward I think.

Today while heading to my appointment I saw a balding, middle aged fat man reading Twilight. I laughed out loud when I saw this. I am proud to saw I will NEVER read the books.

My last day at work is now August 21st.

I am very Excited

Tonight I am attending an early screening of Julie and Julia with my cuz. Shall be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment